Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Miniature Nonya Kueh

Nonya Kueh  is one of my favourite snack in all time. They are called Nonya or Straits Chinese because these kuehs  are first made by them  


Nonya kueh are made from a variety of fulsome and flavored ingredients such as coconut, sweet potatoes, tapioca, palm sugar and pandan.


When I was a young girl, I helped my aunt to make these nonya kuehs and sell. So I actually know how to make the real one, but the one you see below are my handmade miniature clay nonya kuehs, cannot be eaten.


Miniature kuehs take a lot of time to make as they are so colourful . To get these correct colors  is a great challenge . I usually make the one I like most .




        I love nonya kuehs. These are my handmade miniature clay food : Nonya Kueh


Which one do you like?


All the names of these kuehs are in Malay , my Malay is very poor so I actually don't known their name  (only know 1-2 names only) So when I want to buy the real kueh ,I will always look for it and point it to the seller.  


                               The kuehs on the left hand side are all my favourite.





                                                             This is not the smallest that I have made.

No comments:

Post a Comment