Sunday, September 23, 2012

花好月圆庆中秋

Wishing all of my dear friends : 中秋节快乐!

The Mid-Autumn Festival, which falls on the 15th day of the 8th month of the Chinese lunar calendar. (Next Sunday) On this day, offering of mooncakes, grapefruit, /pomelo , Chinese tea etc are made to deities and ancestors.

This is also a day celebrated with family gatherings, prayers and a lantern parade by children. 中秋节 is a public holiday in Hong kong, Taiwan and China. It is  a big day to all Chinese.

I have made a mini box for my handmade miniature moon cake to celebrate the festival. and also added a newly made 柚子(grapefruit or pomelo ), look delicious but cannot be eaten!

 Happy Moon Cake Festival!




My handmade miniature clay moon cake ( I didn't use any mold to make these)



The one showed below was done by my advance student, Connie , step by step , everyone can make it!


               These are the traditional moon cakes, without using any mold, I use my own method to 
                  make these miniature moon cake.


                This is my newly made mini moon cakes for all of you!  Just for looking! (no mold at all)

No comments:

Post a Comment