Thursday, December 22, 2011

冬至 (dong zhi)

Today is 冬至 (dong zhi), according to the Chinese calendar, is the coldest day in a year. On this special day, a special dish, 汤圆 (tang yuan) has to be served , it is a dish of glutinous rice balls served in a sweet broth.


  1. By eating tang yuan you are one year older.  So since when I was a young  girl, I really  don't like to eat , not because I will get one year older , because it is tasteless.( the original taste)  until one day I noticed that there are filling in certain brand of tang yuan, then I started to eat ) like the one shown below.
  2. This is my handmade miniature tang yuan, of course can not be eaten. I love tang yuan with black sesame and peanuts inside.   


                                                    My handmade miniature clay Tang Yuan 

This miniature tang yuan was made 3 years ago. The soup is not so clear because I used candle to make it as I can't get any false/fake water in the market during that time. The outlook is really good, maybe you can try.

Always be creativecurious and aware, you will create something out of nothing. 

Don't forget to eat 汤圆 Tang Yuan Today! (  I will eat the one with black sesame & peanuts .:p )

No comments:

Post a Comment