Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Miniature Yu sheng for 2014

Welcome 2014! Happy New Year to all of You.

30 more days is our Chinese Lunar New Year. To me , the most important thing is to have reunion dinner /lunch/meal with family.  I will show some of my handmade miniature reunion dinner set tables in my future blog.

Below showed my handmade mini Yusheng, one of the most popular dish eat during Chinese new year period. On the first day of 2014, let's have a plate of  my handmade Yusheng to lo-hei together.

 Yusheng/yee sang or yuu sahang, or Prosperity Toss, also known as lo hei in Cantonese . This is a dish of raw fish salad usually eat during Chinese New Year. This dish consists of strips of raw fish, mixed with shredded vegetables and a variety of sauces and condimennts, among oother ingredients.



This is a very mini version clay yu sheng, placed on a 5 cm  diameter plate.



Miniature salmon , shredded vegetables,(carrots, white radish, cucumber , green yam, peanuts ,crackers etc)



Add two little lime to make the dish looks more colourful


My handmade miniature Yu Sheng


Below (left)  is the one I made last year and is in a bigger version ( the plate is 10 cm in diatmeter)

No comments:

Post a Comment